Welcome to Music-COMP, Music Composition Online Mentoring Program. Our mission is to serve students in composition through online mentoring with professional composers and live performances of student work. We provide teachers with professional development through workshops, courses and online training. Music-COMP also develops and shares resources in composition.
Summer Professional Development Multiple Offerings for Teachers
- Annual Music and Multimedia Summer Institute - choose from four different strands - Digital Audio, Notation in the Cloud, Composition or Independent Projects - July 14- 18 - Champlain College, Burlington VT
- Conversational Solfege TM - July 14-18 - Edmunds Elem., Burlington VT
- First Steps in Music TM - July 21-25 - Edmunds Elem., Burlington VT
Opportunities in Composition for Students with Music-COMP for Summer 2014
- A Summer Composition Workshop held in collaboration with Burlington College Department of Music will be held on July 21-15 from 1-4 each afternoon on the Burlington College campus at 351 North Ave., Burlington VT. Students entering grade 5-12 in the fall of 2014 are encouraged to attend. Beginner and Advanced groups. Instructors - Erik Nielsen and Evan Premo. More info and registration here.
- Sign up to continue online mentoring for the summer at a special school or organization rate. Register and more info here.
Music-COMP is happy to announce we have received an “Employee Inspired Grant” from Dealer.com. Each month Dealer.com employees have the opportunity to apply for a grant for an organization that is close to their hearts. Recently, Music-COMP was selected to receive a grant. This award will strengthen resources for musical composition and arranging programs for youth within a community of professional composers and teachers.
A large audience enjoyed the Opus 28 concert on April 30, 2014 at the Ludlow Town Hall Auditorium. Individual students rehearsed their work with the musicians in the afternoon. Throughout the day, students, teachers, and parents attended workshop sessions, discussion groups and observed rehearsals. Audience comments from the day highlighted the amazing compositions by students, outstanding performance and professionalism of the musicians, and the great venue for this event. Click here for larger photo of the participants.
Audio recordings coming shortly. Order form for the full concert DVD here.